The AIGA Design Teaching Resource (DTR) is a peer-populated platform for educators to share assignments, reference materials, outcomes, and project reflections.
The goals of this resource include:
- Build a community for educators
- Provide inspiration + actionable information for course planning
- Foster connections + collaborations between educators / programs
- Support educators teaching in new areas of the discipline
- Identify experts teaching in specific areas of design
- Encourage critical reflection among educators
Who is this tool for?
The DTR is for anyone involved in design education. This resource will benefit entry-level design educators who need support when developing assignments, seasoned educators looking for inspiration, professional designers who teach part-time, educators from smaller design programs and anyone teaching a new class or developing a new curriculum.
Posting assignments to the DTR can lead to:
- Increased visibility for educators and their respective programs
- Potential recognition as an expert in a certain area
- Collaborations with other educators
- A richer dialogue amongst design educators
We want you to share your success stories! Your less successful projects are valuable references too. Post a Project (or three) and help make the DTR a vibrant, useful resource for the design education community.